Pirlo company history

Over 100 years of tradition and innovation

When Oskar Pirlo founded a small production facility for tin cans in Kufstein over 100 years ago, he surely would not have imagined how the company would ultimately develop in the decades that followed. Thanks to the participation of Oskar Pirlo’s uncle Julius Lüthi, the yet young company was able to expand considerably shortly after it was founded. By 1912, Pirlo already employed a workforce of 400 people. Skilful management, well-considered investments and steady growth have turned Pirlo into a healthy company, which is ready to cope with the challenges of the coming years in every respect.

2020

From March 2020, the management of the Pirlo Group is comprised of Wolfgang Schauer and Peter Stanger

2019

Pirlo Gebäude Werk Cans II, Söll

Relocation of the administration and production launch in the new Cans 2 plant

2018

Acquisition of the firm Nicklaus Weißblechprodukte and expansion of the product range to include hobbocks for mastic asphalt and bitumen.

Purchase of a new company site in Söll, Tyrol

2017

Julius Lüthi resigns and Wolfgang Schauer joins the company as managing director

2016

Renaming of Gebrüder Reichsfeld GmbH & Co OG to Pirlo Industrial GmbH & Co OG and Chemopak Sp. z o.o. to Pirlo Poland Sp. z o.o.

2010

Founding of Pirlo Tubes GmbH in Kufstein, Austria

2008

Establishment of Chemopak Pionki, Polanda

2006

Acquisition of parts of Ernst Verpackungen, Küsnacht, Switzerland

2005

Opening of marketing organisations in Hungary, Slovenia, Slovakia and the Czech Republic

2004

Acquisition and integration of parts of the Riegler Metallverpackungen company, Korneuburg

1994

First ISO 9001 certification

1979

Acquisition of Gebrüder Reichsfeld AG, Vienna and merger of Franz Freisinger GmbH + Co and Gebrüder Reichsfeld AG to form Reichsfeld GmbH & Co, Vienna and relocation to Korneuburg

1969

Establishment of Franz Freisinger GmbH + Co, Korneuburg

1959

Repurchase of Schmalbach shares by the founder families

1945

State administration of the Schmalbach shares

1942

Acquisition of a 40% share in Schmalbach AG, Braunschweig, Germany

1910

Julius Lüthi joins Oskar Pirlo as business partner

1908

Company founded by Oskar Pirlo